Summer Camp Counselor Information & Application Forms
It’s that time of year to start planning for 4-H Summer Camp 2017. As you know, your presence at camp is one of the most important parts to the camper experience and we cannot have camp without you, so please take the time to read through and fill out your counselor application form
4-H Camp July will take place on July 7-9, 2017 at Camp Northwoods, Delta, WI.
The theme will be determined at the MAY 3rd Camp Meeting, 5:00-6:00 pm at the Northern Great Lake Visitor Center.
(All past counselors are encouraged to attend this meeting.)
- Please return your application form to the Bayfield County 4-H Office by the deadline: Monday, April 25.
- The mailing address is: P.O. Box 218 Washburn, WI 54891
- E-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org Helpful Hints
- If you are a returning counselor you DO NOT have to include references with your application
Attendance at all training dates are mandatory
Counselor Training Dates
- June 28th ……. Counselor Training retreat day 9am-3pm. Will take place at the Courthouse in Washburn.
- July 6th ……..Second day of counselor training & camp set-up at Camp Northwood’s, Noon – evening (staff will stay overnight and welcome campers at 9 am the next morning.
- A limited number of counselor positions are available. The information you provide in your application, and the depth in which you answer each question will be used to make camp assignments.
- Pay close attention to Question 3 on your application. It’s important to reflect on your experience from last year and set new goals.
- Get your application to the Bayfield County Extension office by the April 25th deadline.
Applications will be reviewed and positions announced prior to the May 3rd 4-H Camp committee meeting at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center. A letter will be sent to all applicants informing them of their positions.
If you have a friend who you think is interested and would be a good addition to our summer staff, please encourage them to request an application by
e-mail or phone 373-6104 ext 249 (Bayfield) and 682-7017 (Ashland)
The 4-H Camp Planning Team
Ian Meeker Donna Ganson Doug Liphart
4-H Youth Educator 4-H Youth Assistant 4-H Youth Educator
Bayfield County Bayfield County Ashland County
An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin-Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title VI, Title IX, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities or limitations should be made prior to the date of the program or activity for which it is needed. Please do so as early as possible prior to the program or activity so that proper arrangements can be made. Requests are kept confidential.