Education to Strengthen Wisconsin Families
UW Extension Family Living Programs enrich families and strengthen communities. Backed by university research we work for Wisconsin families by forming partnerships and providing education in several program areas. Bayfield County Family Living Programs offer education in the following areas:
- Family Financial Management Offering families and consumers more strategies for managing their money with education on budgeting, saving, investing, goal-setting and future financial planning.
- Parenting Supporting parents with education and resources to help families strengthen relationships, improve communication, provide appropriate structure and foster healthy kids
Successful Co-Parenting Education for Divorcing or Separating Parents
Co–parenting families have a unique set of challenges. They also have opportunities to build strengths. For children it may mean adapting to a new family arrangement, moving between households, or living with a single parent or another caregiver. Transition to new family arrangements can be tough. It may be a time of sadness, loss, and anger. For parents, it may mean transitioning through divorce or separation while finding ways to
YOU CAN HELP YOUR CHILDREN WORK THROUGH TRANSITION AND FIND WAYS TO CO–PARENT SUCCESSFULLY TO CREATE A HAPPY, HEALTHY FUTURE
- Food Safety and Preservation Providing current research-informed information to help consumers preserve their harvest and handle foods safely.
- Families in Stress and Transition Working with families and individuals dealing with divorce, illness, incarceration and other life transitions to identify strengths, manage stress, increase access to resources and enhance resiliency.
- Aging and Family Caregiving Supporting individuals in the challenging role of caring for a disabled or elderly friend or family member through education that helps reduce stress, build on strengths and increase access to resources
- HCE – Home & Community Education
If you have any questions regarding Family Living in Bayfield County, please contact:
Family Living Educator
UWEX Bayfield County
Courthouse, PO Box 218
Washburn, WI 54891
715- 373-6104, ext. 252
firstname.lastname@example.org 711 for Wisconsin Relay (TDD)
“An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX and ADA requirements. Please make requests for reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to educational programs as early as possible preceding the scheduled program, service or activity.”