- Advice on starting a business, business planning, finance, accounting, marketing and other aspects of business is available free.
- Tim Kane, UW-Extension Resource Agent, Bayfield County – 715.373-6104, ext.254
- Julianne Raymond, Small Business Development Center Counselor – 1-800-410-835
UW-Extension Business Publications
- Fact sheets, guidebooks and other publications on a variety of business topics.
- “So You Want To Be Your Own Boss” video
- “Panning Your Profitable Home Based Business” video
- “Smart Steps To Smart Choices – Testing Your Business Idea” video
- You Can Start A Business In Northern Wisconsin” video
Materials on Assessing Business Feasibility, Making Market Determinations and Conducting Market Analyses & Research
Community and County Demographic and Socio-Economic Data
- For identifying markets
- WisStat provides internet access to population household, housing, income and other statistics.
Small Business Management Seminars/Workshops
- Seminars/workshops for business owners and managers on subjects relating to planning, finance, marketing, pricing, customer service, personnel and other business management topics are offered.
Information on Public Business Financing Programs
- U.S. SBA, U.S. BIA, Wis. DOC, WHEDA, NW Wis. Business Development Fund and Local Govt. Revolving Loan Funds