The Bayfield County Family Living Program offers a number of resources to help families and individuals stretch their dollars and meet their financial goals.
- Monthly Financial Education Workshop– alternating Ashland/Bayfield County locations.
- Rent Smart Workshop – Renting affordable housing is a big step. Learn all the financial, legal, and practical details of becoming a successful renter…
- Public Financial Education and In-House Workshops for agencies and organizations on a variety of topics including budgeting, saving, retirement basics, renter education, debt reduction and more.
- Money Management Coaching Program providing support and encouragement to help people gain financial stability and pursue their goals.
- One-On-One Budget Counseling in person or via Web to help families extend their dollars, organize finances, meet monthly expenses and learn about area resources that can help.
Resources and Links
Managing Your Personal Finances in Tough Times A number of money management resources from UW Extension
Choose to Save Hundreds of useful on-line articles and tools related to saving and managing money. Includes money-saving tips, links for kids, calculators for credit card debt, retirement, college and more.
Pay Down Debt with Power Pay Making “Power Payments” is a widely recommended way to pay down debt faster so you can start saving. This website from Utah State University Extension offers tools that make it easy to implement this strategy. Also features other useful resources like a Spending Plan tool that creates your budget online instead of with a pencil and paper.
Spend Smart Eat Smart This fun, interactive resource from Iowa State University Extension offers a number of useful tools for cutting back on food costs. Meal planning, smart shopping, low-cost recipes and more.
Credit Card Repayment Calculator This site from the Federal Trade Commission calculates how long it will take to pay off a credit card by making minimum payments. It then helps you create various plans for paying off credit card debt sooner.
Ballpark Estimate An easy-to-use worksheet that helps consumers identify approximately how much to save in order to fund a comfortable retirement. Can be completed on paper or online to let the computer do the math. Designed for consumers wtih more than 10 years left before retirement.
To schedule an appointment, arrange a workshop or ask a question, contact:
Family Living Educator
UWEX Bayfield County
Courthouse, PO Box 218
Washburn, WI 54891
715- 373-6104, ext. 252
email@example.com 711 for Wisconsin Relay (TDD)
“An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX and ADA requirements. Please make requests for reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to educational programs as early as possible preceding the scheduled program, service or activity.”